Imagine that you are newly hired at a healthcare facility as an administrator. In your first few days at work, you discover the facility has no conflict management policy. After consulting with the appropriate individuals, you have been tasked with creating one.
- Document type: Policy and Procedures for Conflict Management
- Length: 3-5 pages
- Audience: All employees of your healthcare facility
- Table of contents
- Whom the policy applies to
- Purpose of the policy
- Definitions of conflict: conflict styles, theories, etc.
- Best practices for employees involved in conflict
- Best practices for managers/supervisors involved in conflict
- Resources for employee training and development in conflict resolution techniques (at least three)
- Resources for manager/supervisor training and development in conflict resolution techniques (at least three)
- Contact information for any questions [provide fictional information for the facility’s HR department]
- APA requirements: Title and reference pages, six (6) sources, in-text citations as appropriate (direct quotes should be limited due to the nature of a policy document).