Each person has their own style of managing conflict. When collaborative or team-based work is involved, conflict styles may clash, resulting in a tense or unproductive environment.
For this assignment, you will be challenged to facilitate an effective, collaborative work environment, even with employees who have very different approaches to conflict.
- Prepare a PowerPoint presentation.
- Demonstrate your approach to supporting the following work teams. The team memberâ€™s conflict management style (according to the TKI) is provided.
- Team A: Andy (Competing) and Amy (Accommodating)
- Team B: Brie (Avoiding) and Barry (Collaborating)
- Create a fictional conflict, relevant to the healthcare field, for both Team A and Team B. Then, describe how you would lead and empower each team to resolve their conflict amicably.
- A combination of slide text and speakerâ€™s notes may be used to illustrate your scenario and facilitation techniques.
- APA requirements: Title and reference slides, three sources, in-text citations.